Monday 15 August 2011

Cam23 2.0: Week 9, extra thing: Creative Commons

Detail of Ursa Minor embroidery by Shannon Henry, on Flickr
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic License by Shannon Henry

This week's extra thing is one I've wanted to read ever since last year's introduction to Creative Commons licences: how to reproduce a Creative Commons image with its licence attached. Now I know. Call me lazy, if you like, for waiting this long, and not racing Facebook and Twitter for the information; but now I've got it I'm going to use it. See the above picture.

My first use of Creative Commons in this way is dedicated, without permission, to Clare on our 13th wedding anniversary. Watch out for Haddon-Library-related images on the Haddon Library website before long.

I expect that I will sooner or later be sticking CC licences on poems of mine when I blog them. However, I can see that that will need caution. I don't blog poems of mine that haven't been already published somewhere. I consult the publishers about this by email. If I'm going to start sticking licences on the poems then presumably such emails need to contain a bit more than "I'm blogging xxx, which you printed in 2004. Hope that's OK."

I will wait a bit before trying that experiment.

1 comment: