Tuesday 1 June 2010

Things 2 and 4

I have done a whistle-stop tour of most of the blogs listed on the 23things blog. I was looking for opinions on Thing 2 -- RSS feeds -- the one that I've always found less use for than I've felt was expected. I admit that I haven't done a systematic trawl of the blogs for references to RSS feeds. Perhaps, if I were to do so, I'd find more reason to explore that way of keeping track of things; perhaps I'll find it necessary in order to keep up with everybody's cam23 blogging. I haven't found any facility for putting an RSS feed on to this blog. Anyone know where to look?

2 comments:

  1. Aidan, a feed tool seems to be one of the widgets available to be added to the sidebar of the blog. If you click customise up in the top right-hand corner, then go to Layout>Page Element, then click Add a Gadget (pick the 'Add a Gadget' that's in the location you'd like the widget to go), and then look down the list of Basics, you'll see a widget called 'feeds', which claims to add an RSS feed. I haven't tried it out yet, but maybe that's what you're looking for?

    As for keeping up with all the Cam23 blogs (aren't there a lot of them!), maybe that's what Bloglines or Google Reader are good for? Several people have recommended Bloglines, but again, I haven't tried yet!

    ReplyDelete