Sunday 6 November 2016

Thing 6: Creating new content

The course blog post points us in the direction of Storify, Paper.li and Scoop.it .

Storify is one I have used already. I have made Storify collections for my musical, political and poetic interests, and indeed one on professional matters.  I have found Storify remarkably user-friendly.  It can't, of course, make amateur compilations look like the work of an experienced web designer, but it makes them presentable.  If I were more given to tweeting from work, I have no doubt that I would be Storifying from work as well.

Paper.li and Scoop.it I have experienced as a reader, and know them mainly by frustrations.  Paper.li has come my way via tweets that seemed interesting, but took an inordinate time to load.  Scoop.it has likewise come my way via tweets; the tweets flagged up interesting material, but that material seemed inaccessible to me because I didn't know how to close a tab on my mobile's browser, and indeed thought the browser could have no more than one tab open at a time.

However, writing this post has spurred me to find out how to manage the browser's tabs.  Thus the frustration was not a fault of Scoop.it.  And whilst I can't readily see myself finding a use for Scoop.it in any connection, I can say that exploring it has taught me something.

No comments:

Post a Comment